Monday, August 10, 2009

Line etiquette


While I was in line at a major store chain last night I felt a strange feeling behind me and as I turned around there was this guy in his thirties or forties just standing there staring seemingly afraid to acknowledge me as his cart is resting on my heels, so when I gave the "man nod" thinking he may realize how close he actually was, as I understand sometimes we are absorbed in other things. I moved on to the checker thinking all is good then, I look over while using my ATM card and he is standing basically toe to heel trying to get me to get out of his way, being a tolerant human being I looked at him and stated in a mild tone " I am going as fast as I can I will be done in a moment". This was taken as an affront to his manhood but, with the world afraid of it's own shadow he just stared little daggers at me on my way out of the grocery store.

This situation would be eliminated completely if everyone just showed a little respect and patience when doing things in public, life is not always only about you. This blog is the first in a series trying to decipher the reason why we as humans refuse to use respect or etiquette in daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment